MDC Technology Group
111 E. Broadway
Monett Mo. 65708
New Toll Free #
Mon - Fri
9:00am to 5:00pm
Acceptable Use Policy & Policy Statement
This policy is for Electronic Services Provided by:
MDC Computer Company Inc.
and it's subsidiaries;
FortisIT, FortisWeb, and MDC Technology Group
Home office: 111 E. Broadway, Monett MO 65708
On Line Forms: In some cases, a visitor may be required to complete an inquiry form to receive certain information. During this process, the visitor is required to give specific information such as name and e-mail address, mailing address, location and phone number. This information is used to contact the visitor regarding services offered by MDCCCI for which the visitor has expressed interest. This information may be used to send the individual information on sales or other information that MDCCCI is offering. As stated above MDCCCI will not sell, loan, or distribute this information to any other online marketing or e-mail firms. All customer/visitor information is restricted to MDCCCI developers, network operations personnel and other qualified employees (such as billing clerks or customer care representatives). Finally, the servers on which MDCCCI stores personally identifiable information are kept in a secure location.
Cookies: A "Cookie" is a piece of information that is sent from an MDCCCI Web server to a visitor’s browser and stored on the visitor’s hard drive. The Cookie stores information that allows MDCCCI Web sites to remember a visitor the next time he or she visits a particular MDCCCI Web site. Cookies also allow us to tailor our Web sites to better match visitors’ interests and preferences. Visitors may choose to disable Cookies by changing their browser settings; however, they may not be able to access some of the information on our Web sites.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address or phone number, state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau.
Acceptable Use Policy for Electronic Services Customers
The intent of the MDCCCI Acceptable Use Policy is improving the use of the MDCCCI services by proactively preventing unacceptable use. All MDCCCI customers and any downstream customers including visitors of customers using MDCCCI services must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We reserve the right to remove anything from our Servers that in our sole discretion violates this Acceptable Use Policy, is illegal or may subject MDCCCI to potential liability. MDCCCI and it’s Parent Company may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violating any terms listed in this Acceptable Use Policy may result in suspension or termination or your account without notice. MDCCCI reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
2. VIOLATIONS OF MDCCCI ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following are violations of MDCCCI Acceptible Use Policy :
1. As a user of MDCCCI , you agree not to use the service in a manner that violates any local, state or federal law.
2. Using the services to harm others, including but not limited to minors.
3. You agree not to use the Internet for abusive, profane, libelous, slanderous, threatening or otherwise malicious purposes.
4. Using the service to make or participate in fraudulent activity including financial scams.
5. Unsolicited Broadcast Email and Unsolicited Commercial Email (SPAM): Please see Section 3 of this Acceptable Use Policy.
6. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. Exceptions that are allowed: The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation and using deliberately misleading headers in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
7. Using the service to transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other propriety rights of a third party.
8. Collection of personal data: Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
9. Reselling the Services without MDCCCI authorization is strictly prohibited.
10. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use MDCCCI services. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A customer may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A customer may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
11. Web space may be provided for personal and business customers at MDCCCI . Content of those sites must conform to local, state and federal ordinances. MDCCCI reserves the right to remove content that is pornographic, deemed to be offensive, or violates trademark or copyright laws, at its sole discretion.
3. UNSOLICITED BROADCAST EMAIL AND UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL (SPAM)
MDCCCI has zero tolerance for Unsolicited Broadcast Email and Unsolicited Commercial Email (UBE/UCE), commonly known as “Spam”, whether originating from customers, from customers' customers, or from customers that provide services which are used to support spam. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use Policy of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to spam, is prohibited.
A. What MDCCCI will consider spam:
MDCCCI defines spam under the Missouri Revised Statutes which state:
RSMO: 407.1123. 1. No person or entity conducting business in this state shall electronically mail (email) or cause to be emailed documents consisting of advertising material for the lease, sale, rental, gift offer or other disposition of any realty, goods, services or extensions of credit without a toll-free telephone number or valid sender-operated return email address that the recipient of the unsolicited documents may call or email to notify the sender not to email any further unsolicited documents.
RSMO: 407.1123.2. It is an unlawful merchandising practice pursuant to section 407.020 to assist in the transmission of an unsolicited commercial electronic mail message when the person providing the assistance knows, or consciously avoids knowing, that the initiator of the commercial electronic mail message is engaged, or intends to engage, in any act or practice that violates sections 407.1120 to 407.1132.
RSMO: 407.1123.3. As used in this section, the phrase "assist or initiate the transmission" does not include or refer to the transmission of any commercial electronic mail message by a telecommunications utility or Internet service provider to the extent that the telecommunications utility or Internet service provider merely carries such transmission over its network.
MDCCCI asks that anyone who believes that there is a violation of these Policies to please direct the information to us using the contact us form located at http://www.fortisit.us/contactus.aspx and tell us of the incident or call us at 417-235-4030.
MDCCCI reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modifications will be made without notice unless otherwise specified.